Thursday, August 17, 2006

Role Playing???

My ID actually proposed a very interesting wardrobe for our new home. His concept was a walk-in wardrobe that is boxed up. We loved the idea. I mean, we were like WOW!

But when we got our keys and had a look at the actual room size, it seems abit small. To better visualise, I actually thought of doing role playing... with newspaper...

Ok this is what I mean...

We plan to hack the wall between the master bedroom and bedroom 3 and seal the door at bedroom 3. We will then use bedroom 3 (the smaller room) to put in our bed and use the master bedrooom to house the wardrobe and my workstation.

I call it workstation because this is where I would likely to spend most of my time when I'm at home and not sleeping.



Now this is the view if I were to walk into the master bedroom. You can see those newspaper on the floor ya? The newspaper on the bottom right is part of the walk-in wardrobe and the newspaper on the top right is actually my workstation. Frankly, if you were to add in a chair (dreaming about the Aeron Chair....), there seems to be little space to walk, or at least the illusion of cramp space.





This is how the walk-in wardrobe would look like. Its like a huge box with two rows of cabinets for the clothings. The center walkway is the mini model "catwalk platform" and at the end there was suppose to be a full length mirror. Ignore the Lays potato chips in the picture, laying those newspaper actually made us very hungry.... hahaha



Now compare it to these two photos where we simulate a L-shape wardrobe. Suddenly the whole room looks alot more spacious. Actually after looking at the newspaper layout for L-shape, we thought this is what we want; SPACE!!! Can lancing langing (means dancing) or play wrestling in the middle ya??

OK, I have to koon already... or tomorrow I will fight Zzz monster again...

2 Comments:

Blogger podpea said...

thot u r making actual 3D models wif newspapers... haha 2D pix ...

will the structural pillar be in the way for the design even if u hack the walls?

Thu Aug 17, 09:09:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Vincent said...

We cannot hack the structure beam, which is the wall beside the study table as well as a beam above the opening. But other than that we shoudl be able to...

Thu Aug 17, 12:42:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home