Saturday, September 09, 2006

Philips, what a killing....

Wah I today early morning go Toa Payoh queue up liao. Queue up for what ler? Sale lor... Singaporean forever queue up for sale one. I was actually waiting for the Philips Carnival 2006 to start (at 9:30am).

I was there at 8:20am and there was already a queue. Actually it was expected as someone from Sengkang forum say that the queue usually start at 8 already.

I was one of the top 10 (wah got sense of achievement). By the time it was 9:15am, the queue was all the way to the main road...

So being in the Top 10 in the queue, what do I get? 70mins of hot sun, tearing 2 x $1 parking coupons (they open the parking space in the opposite Philips building after their staff all came), having the space to view the products for 10 mins. After that there I was in the same situation as the person who came at 9:30 and stroll in. And how crowded was the whole place?

It was this packed. So what did I get? Got a vacuum cleaner, toaster, deep fryer, iron and rice cooker.

The vacuum cleaner was a real challenge as we were not sure if we were gonna use it regularly. We were initially eyeing the Cityline model as it was cheap (S$139). But the head is the normal square head and according to the sales person, it cannot be used on Parquet floor. So have to look for the triangle head that only models from Jewel (S$199) onwards. But after the sales person explaining to my wife about bagless (it was actually spelled as "badless" on the notice board, I told my wife I also think its not bad... corny, ha) she got hooked. So the budget for the vacuum cleaner doubled to S$389. Oh well, there is no looking back now, just have to use it more often.

We were also eyeing a S$69 iron but ended upsizing it after my camp mate who is working at the Iron section says that "this model good, my house also using this. And I have two!!", immediately I upsize liao. The additional feature was the "steam tip" function and the auto-off. But come to think of it, I iron my clothes all at the same time so why do I need auto-off? But I still went ahead to pay S$85 for it.

We initially did not want to get the rice cooker as we thought the ones on sale were the very "obiang" looking cooker. I actually had a price list of what is going to be on sale for the household and kitchen appliances and this rice cooker was not on the list. But when we were there and we saw this cooker, both our eyes bright up and we just bought it. Does this mean I really have to start learning how to cook? Hmm....

There is another toaster but I do not have a picture of it. So total we spend S$700... And my existing house is becoming my warehouse now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home