Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Reservist is not a vacation!

I just finish my reservist last week. It was not an easy 10 days, in fact quite stress as we were being assessed on how well we do our stuff through test.

It was a stay-in reservist and I only got to book out on the weekends. The camp is bloody far (the very edge of Tuas) and I live in the East. No aircon, no heater, no wives, still lousy food! But the funny thing is when I went back office, everyone was like "So how, reservist relac right? Sit in bunk, play cards, drink cheap beer only right?"

Play cards my foot, I had to go forest bashing, feed mosquitoes, and I got all wet to my chest level one hour into the mission. Needless to say I was in my new life low. The public perception of reservist as a official government paid vocation mentality is not helping make life easier.

Having sat on my office chair for most of my waking hours did not help as I finish my reservist with aches all over, three big blue blacks and heat rashes all over my body. Boy am I "looking forward" to next years reservist.

Thanks for listening to my bitching....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home